Hackathon tops $10,000 in prizes
Hackers set your marks. The third MoDev hackathon is proving to be the biggest in terms of prizes offered. Developers, designers and entrepreneurs of all levels are encouraged to attend. Here’s a quick rundown of what’s available for prizes and how to win them:
- Microsoft: 3 Samsung Series 7 Tablets + $500 cash to the three top Windows 8 apps – $1700 value each – developers are required to develop using Windows 8 platform.
- Adobe: Two copies of Master Suite 6 – $2500 value each – Best design award and best overall
- App47: $500 cash – Best team as determined by a developers survey conducted by App47
- O’Reilly: 20 hard copy books – $600 value + a free eBook to every hacker!
- App Developers Alliance: $500 cash – award qualifications TBD
- MoDev: MoDevEast workshop passes: $1200 value – One pass each to the top team
- Blackberry: Two Playbooks – Given to the first two developer who signup for the Blackberry developers program
- Appcelerator: $500 1st place, $250 2nd, $150, 3rd – Given to the top three apps that utilize the Appcelerator platform for development.
8:30am – check in and continental breakfast
9-10am – rules, APIs, team assignments and prizes presented
12-1pm: Lunch brought in
4pm – happy hour – beer & snacks
6pm – code stop & demos
7pm – awards
8pm – adjourn
Microsoft Chevy Chase
5404 Wisconsin Ave, Suite 700, Chevy Chase, MD